Here is an opportunity for Senior Systems Engineers to join our team of consultants in the Greater Milwaukee/Waukesha area. The primary responsibility is to provide networking/server support services for our customers. A strong candidate will be able to provide on-going technical support services and planning for our current and future clients.
WE WANT THE BEST! Is that you?
- Do you have a track record of regularly out-performing other colleagues on your job?
- Do you feel like your technical skills and experience are better than most other engineers you’ve worked alongside?
- Do you feel under-compensated in your current position?
- Do you feel under-appreciated or unhappy with your current employer?
If so, we want to talk with you! Source One Technology is proud to announce that through 15 years of business, we have retained 98%+ of our employees! Our team members love working for Source One Technology — and you will even get a chance to talk to them during the interview process to find out the reasons why!
We can be VERY flexible with potential candidates, and offer the following options:
- Full-time employment (compensation from $85k-$130k/year – depending on experience)
- Flexible scheduling (you set your own schedule!)
- Ability to work from home/remote with some projects/customers
- Low-stress work environment
- Our employees are not over-worked or expected to work unreasonable hours
- Our employees rarely need to work off-hours (late nights/weekend)
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Health Insurance Benefits
- 401k (with company match)
- Regular bonuses
- Education Assistance Program
The ideal engineer will be knowledgeable and well-versed in many (not necessarily all) of the following areas:
- Managed Switches (HPE Aruba or Cisco)
- Firewall and Security Appliances (Fortigate/Sonicwall)
- Virtualization (VMWare/Hyper-V)
- Microsoft Windows Servers
- Microsoft 365 / Exchange
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Storage Area Networks (SAN architecture)
- Day-to-day System Administration of servers/networks
Knowledge, skills, and other abilities preferred (but not necessarily required):
- Comprehensive LAN/WAN experience for routing, switches, ACLs, and VLANs
- Advanced Networking Concepts (SD Wan, OSPF, BGP, etc.)
- Strong understanding of IPv4 and subnetting
- Ability to administer and design small to large-scale Active Directory environments
- Proven competence in Virtualization technologies
- Familiarity with industry-standard Backup Solutions (Veeam or Datto)
- VDI Solutions (Microsoft/Citrix/VMWare)
- 11ac/ax Wireless (HPE Aruba or Ubiquiti or Cisco)
- Experience with various anti-virus, anti-spam, and content filtering systems
- Advanced troubleshooting, diagnostic and problem-solving capabilities (extremely important!)
- Experience creating and maintaining network documentation and project documentation
Personal skills required:
- Organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects/multi-task
- Demonstrate a high-level of detail to all project tasks
- Highly motivated and independent
- Show excellent communication skills, follow-up, and presentation skills
- Applicants should have at least 7+ years of high-level networking/server support experience
- Working with customers on-site and light travel to provide IT support in the SE Wisconsin area
To apply, you must send/include the following information:
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
(**ALL 3 MUST BE INCLUDED**)
Don’t be ordinary or average… IMPRESS US!! MAKE YOURSELF STAND OUT!!